Sunday, September 16, 2012

Holy Batman!

 My son loves Batman. He was batman two years ago and he wants to be Batman again this year. This time he wants to be all black. But, making another Batman costume is not exactly getting me excited, but I'll probably give in and make one anyways. So, when I saw that the challenge for Simon Says Stamp and Show was Heroes, I immediately thought of my boys and superheroes.

I got the Batman image from an online coloring page (I didn't write it down, need to remember to do that) and printed it out. Well, since changing my printer ink, I have noticed that my printer ink and my copics don't get along. So, I had to wait for my husband to go to work and use his laser printer to print it out again. So, that is why I got on and did a card for my hubby first and now am posting my finally finished superhero card!

So, here is my card. (Have I annoyed you with all the "so's"?)

The black square isn't centered because I originally wanted the tips of the cape to be on the cobweb paper as much as possible, but after I stuck it down permanently, I changed my mind. Ugh!

I seem to be on a black and white kick, and with this weeks challenge over at Kenny K being black and white + one, I will be making another soon! I'm lovin' it, I just hope you all don't get bored!
I printed out some Batman comic strips from the internet as my background paper, stamped some cobwebs and distressed with Wild Honey Distress Ink for my next layer. I used some chevron scraps for my banner to work with the Trendy challenge for Simon Says Stamps!




I popped the black square up on double stacked foam dimensionals as well as the image, except for the tips of the cape and the bottom of the image. I was trying to go for a curved dimensional look.  I did the same to the birthday banner, except opposite so it is concave as opposed to convex like the image.


This card will be a hit with my six year old! As always, thanks for looking and for all the wonderful comments! 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamps Challenge (trendy-chevron banner)

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! Your background is so very cool, beautiful coloring, and I love the design and layering! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card!! Wow! Your coloring is amazing!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this a lot! The spider webs and comic strip in the background look great and I love how it looks like Batman will fly right off the card! So cool!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this comic inspired card!! wow!

    ReplyDelete