Saturday, September 22, 2012

Belle

This card was a problem child! It has beautiful My Mind's Eye Sunshine paper, beautiful Wild Orchid Craft roses and a cute image. I just had a really hard time making it work. I still don't know if it dies. I've just stared at it and fiddled with it for so long today that I think I am used to it. Ya know, a mother's love kinda thing? 
I think my problem is that I wanted it to fit too many challenges! Saturated Canary wanted "B's" (Belle, blooms, butterflies), Cupcake Craft Challenge wanted gold and script (the dp, but I covered most of it, and gold: Eiffel tower stamp), and others wanted Autumn hues which I am not fond of working with (that's why I have the pop of aqua), etc!
I definitely need to get some more WOC flowers, too, and in colors other than white!



Oh, well! Like I said, it's grown on me! I hope it grows on you all, too! And if it hasn't, you need to keep staring at it :)

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
The Paper Shelter (Autumn colors)
Crafty Creations (Around the World- Eiffel tower)
Divas by Design (Lovely Layers)
Simon Says Stamp (Emboss it- on the right "carte postale")
Saturated Canary (B's- Belle, blooms, butterflies)
Papertake Weekly (Shaded of Autumn)
Cupcake Craft Challenges (Gold and Script)
Color Me Creative (Fall Colors)
Just Keep on Creating (anything goes)
Bunny Zoe (Distressing- Vintage photo on the paper edges)
The Crafty Pad (Autumn Hues)

26 comments:

  1. What a stunning little card, thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this time big huggies June xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need to stare at it to like it! LOL! It is a darling card--love the image and your wonderful coloring. Love your design and the layers and papers. Very cool sentiment and butterflies, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks fab!
    Thanks for joining us at SC Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean, sometimes we're all stuck with a card, and nothing is working fine enough. Anyway this card is beautiful, no need to worry it isn't. Colors are great, layout is great & the coloring is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card and such a cute image :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking card. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can really relate to your feelings - doesn't matter sometimes what I do with a card I feel it just doesn't work!!

    No worries with this one tho! It's lovely and your colouring is just brilliant.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, what a scrimmy image. Fab colour palette too. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgoeus creation thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can never go wrong with a SC image!!! The design is awesome too, great card!
    Thanks for joining the Diva's this week...
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge.
    i love the Eiffeltoren at your card and the little girl with the purse. France here I come.
    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUCH a cute card! I really love the butterflies with the pearls! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute and cuter! Love your card! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww this is so sweet!!
    thank you for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks fab to me. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am trying to start a formal, influential blog and I want to make sure it is professional. Since I have little to no blogging experience, I am trying to save some time by asking you..
    [url=http://bono-2013-spain.blogspot.com/]bet365 bono[/url] [url=http://bonuskr.com/]bet365[/url]
    [url=http://bonus2013sk.blogspot.com]bwin bonus[/url] [url=http://bonus365dk.blogspot.com/]bet365[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating.
    Sorry it has taken so long to leave a comment. Just to let you know that the challenges are up and running again so hope you will continue to play along.

    ReplyDelete