Saturday, August 25, 2012

House Building!

I built a house! The card was for a housewarming party we went to the day before leaving for vacation! I didn't get a chance to upload it 'til now.

I tried to replicate the house as best as I could. I designed it entirely using my Silhouette, except for the flora. I was so proud of myself that I had the house designed and everything was going well. The day of the party I started cutting and assembling only to have my computer decide that it was the perfect time to reconfigure and shut down. Silly me didn't save my project and with only bits of the house cut, there was no way to continue. I had to redo the whole house and rush through it as my husband was yelling up the stairs that it was time to go! 
We gave them a cash gift which is why the card is so long. Inside, I printed an image of a couch big enough to use as the pocket to hold the cash. The money was in small enough denominations so that it made the couch very cushy ;)
I popped up the garage on foam dimensionals and used my score board to add texture to the garage door. I added glossy accents to the garage windows and house windows and colored the driveway with copics. I had ideas to do more, but time and my inability to save things were my enemy.
The recipients got a kick out of the card, so it all worked out!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenge:
Card Makin' Mamas (Try Something New)

1 comment:

  1. Fab card! Thanks for joining us at Card Makin Mamas. Laura x

    ReplyDelete